Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Brand I Love: Frye

Now that Labour Day has come and gone, summer has officially been erased by the arrival of cooler weather, school buses and back to normal workweeks (sigh). Many of you are probably very depressed by this, and while I admit I was for a second or two seriously contemplating moving across North America to somewhere with a more forgiving mix of work-life balance and longer, sunnier days, something came to mind that instantly improved my mood and had me basically begging for autumn/winter weather: BOOTS!

Fall has to be my favourite time of year for fashion, boots being one of the main components making it so. And no one, I mean NO ONE, does boots quite like Frye.

The Frye Company was established in 1863 when John A. Frye opened the doors of a small shop on Elm Street in Marlboro, Massachusetts. According to Frye's website, Mr. Frye opened his store to ease the daily working lives of factory workers with well-designed, functional, comfortable leather boots. In the last hunder and almost fifty years, Frye has continued on with this goal, but instead of serving solely factory workers, they've also become a total staple to the closets of celebrities, socialites and unknown fashionistas alike.

The following are my top five favourite Frye boots for fall:

Boot Numer 1: Engineer 12R Boots


As seen on Miley Cyrus, Keira Knightley, (my fave) Rachel Bilson and more, the Frye 12R Engineer Boot is cool, edgy and a little bit badass in the best possible way. Wear them like Ms. Bilson with a feminine, flowy top for balanced, boho look.

Boot Number 2: Veronica Slouch Boots


The Frye Veronica Slouch Boot, as seen here on Ashley Tisdale, is a rugged, sexy boot perfect for fall weather. I love, love, LOVE the deep brown colour of and slight slouchy detail of its leather. Pair them with skinny jeans for a sensible, adorable, slightly cowboy-ish look this season.

Boot Number 3: Jane Suede Strappy Boots


I love suede. I find it romantic, and casual, and perfectly suited for black opaque tights and floaty floral dresses. These Jane Suede Strappy Boots are just gorgeous. They're what I dream about when I dream about suede boots. Which actually does happen. Often.

No comments:

Post a Comment